Want to order your own king cake? Here are links to a few of my favorite king cake bakers that ship around the country. Prices (including overnight shipping) are in the $40 - $60 range. It is expensive (at least $20 goes toward the shipping), but well worth it and a medium king cake will feed a crowd. The packages also include a little Mardi Gras lagniappe like beads, doubloons and cups.
- Manny Randazzo's - https://www.randazzokingcake.com/ (my personal favorite)
- Haydel's Bakery - http://www.haydelbakery.com/
- Randazzo's Camelia City - http://www.kingcakes.com/
- Nonna Randazzo's - http://www.nonnaskingcakes.com/
- Frances Bakery - http://www.francesbakery.com/
King Cake Facts
- In September 2010, Haydel's Bakery set the Guinness record for the world's largest king cake by building a king cake that circled the Superdome (of course it was done in black and gold sugar).
- The Randazzo family bakery was a major local bakery, when the Randazzo parents passed, the children, grandchildren, cousins, etc. all opened their own competing bakeries with their "version" of the original king cake recipe. They are all very similar, but in a side by side tasting they are subtlety different - but all delicious.)
|Skechers Moonrock Sandals|
Photo from Skechers website