Monday, September 27, 2010

Talking Turkey

Our cool front is finally here!!! Our high temps are in the upper 80s (that is fall in the Deep South).

Fall is my favorite time of year!  I have already roasted a turkey breast with baked sweet potatoes.  I am also gathering up my fall baking recipes (it is too hot to bake here during the summer) - pumpkin cookies, ginger cakes, etc.  In anticipation, I also started stitching on a new design . . .

Sampling Thanksgiving
Lizzie Kate (Quick-It)
stiched over 2 threads on 28 count Cashel linen in Light Mocha
using 2 strands of the recommended DMC threads
It is a fun quick stitch.  I think I might do it again with the recommended WDW threads to see the difference.

This gives me 3 Fall smalls with which to decorate.

I am also starting a new stitching related project that I will share later this week.

Hoping you are enjoying a cool, cinnamon scented breeze of fall.

1 comment: