Monday, March 29, 2010

Making Progress on "Mother's TLC"

Here is the finished design for "Mother's TLC" from Theron Traditions.


Here is my progress so far.  The heart is done in Gentle Arts Sampler Thread in Claret.  It is like a dark hot pink.  There were only 2 skeins of Claret at the LNS and the second skein is more burgundy (less pink), I do not think the colors will work together.  I may stop stitching the heart until I can go to an LNS to pick up another skein (or two) for a better match.

Theron Traditions "Mother's TLC"
stitched over 2 on 28 count Lugana in Summer Khaki
using 2 threads of the recommended Gentl Arts Sampler Threads

The chart calls for Bullion Knot roses in the corners and above the initials box.  This will be my first "specialty" stitch.  I will definitely be practicing on some "scrap" fabric.

We are in full-blown pollen season.  It is absolutely everywhere casting a yellow green hue on every car, leaving yellow-green spots on every dew covered surface.  Thanks to DS & friends for washing my car yesterday, unfortunately you can't tell this morning that it was washed yesterday.  The high yesterday was 80 so the summer heat is not far away.

Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment