This morning, I woke up with a full blown cold - sore throat, coughing, sneezing, stuffy head . . . you get the picture.
Today, instead of watching the parades on a foot stool, I have spent the entire day in bed (without even one piece of king cake), watching Jane Austen DVDs and doing some stitching.
I think stitching goes very well with Jane Austen and, based on the popularity of the designs by The Sampler Girl and many of the blogs I follow, I am not alone in this thought.
Today's Austen-thon marquee looks like this:
- Pride & Prejudice (1995 with Colin Firth - might as well start with the best)
- Sense & Sensibility (2009 - the recent Masterpiece Theatre version)
- Persuasion (mid 90s with Amanda Root & Ciaran Hinds)
- Persuasion (1971 BBC with Ann Firbank as Ann Elliot)
- Sense & Sensibility (Emma Thompson version) -- if I stay up that long
I wanted to watch Mansfield Park (1983 BBC with Sylvestra Le Touzel as Fanny Price), but am missing the second disc, I am sure it was removed from the player by DH or DS and not returned to the case so it will turn up soon. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 2010 Masterpiece Theatre version of Emma at my local library. I always like to see it before I buy it (or hint that I would like it for Mother's Day).
I also changed my blog header and background and checked up on all my favorite blogs (including yours ; ).
My lovely Mom has not only taken DS to her house for the day, she has delivered hot meals all day:
- Scrambled eggs (I still cannot duplicate the fluffiness of her eggs),
- Cauliflower soup (chicken broth, cauliflower, garlic & noodles -- great for congestion) and
- Grilled chicken with mashed potatoes.
She even boiled a chicken breast for our dog, who is doing very poorly.
The icing on the cake was the dozen red roses my DS delivered with lunch.
Thank your for stopping by, I hope you did not catch my cold while you were here.
We interrupt this blog post for the following non-paid endorsements:
Today made bearable by the makers of --
Kleenex, Sudacare Shower Soothers, Mucinex, Advil,
DVD players and the Remote Control.