Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alegria Gioia Vreugde Glede Joie Joy

I am so glad I have begun stitching regularly again. I forgot how much joy it gives me. I am also full of joy about finding the online stitching community (especially since my only stitching friends live far away)!

Still Working on Fa La La
My progress is slow, but it is progress. I have been playing with some different stitching methods and that has slowed my down some (but I am a slow stitcher anyway). Also, I had to frog-out my snow, my floss must have been more tightly twisted (a little of the original snow on the left side) and it did not lay right. I have started it again (right side) and I am much happier with it.


New Stitching Methods
I am trying to do two-handed stitching (right hand on top of fabric, left hand below), but my left hand is not cooperating. I have also tried on top stitching (going through two holes so the needle is always on top of the fabric). Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions to speed up stitching?


More of My Recent Stash Acquisition
I was waiting for a beautiful sunny day to take pictures of my NEW (first non-DMC) THREADS!! It came and went yesterday -- but we went to the parade & spent the afternoon with family instead.


Threads for Home of a Needleworker, Too


Threads that were too pretty to leave in the store.


These orange tones (Autumn Leaves, Carrots, Copper) are much prettier in real life.
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love those Crescent Colours threads! If you've never tried silk, give me a holler..... The CC's Belle Soie is the best. (My email should be in my profile.)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the overdyed flosses! I prefer those over DMC or Anchor any day. The color they add is amazing. (:

    Some tips on stitching:
    I've always done on top stitching; I wouldn't know how to do it any other way and I find that it goes incredibly fast that way because then you don't have to play "Where's Waldo?" with the needle as you try to bring it back to the top.

    Also, when I'm not stitching one-over-one or using overdyed floss such as CC, WDW, or GA and when I'm doing large areas, borders, etc. I'll do half stitches so when I'm in the car or waiting at a restaurant I'll quickly finish them off without having to have the pattern. It can also lead to crisp, consistent stitches.

    It can also help if you're stitching an area such as a lady's dress or a bird or something if you stitch just the border and then fill it in on-the-go like I mentioned before.

    I hope these tips help out! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie! Guess what? I'm working on Fa La La too, and really enjoying it. Isn't it so cute? I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete