Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another Finish!

I finally finished "Season of Love" by CCN. 
It is a pillow finish with a deep green fabric backing with holly designs.

"Season of Love"
Country Cottage Designs
(from 2010 JCS Ornament Preview issue)
stitched over 2 threads
on an unknow piece of ivory/off-white linen
using the recommended GAST and DMC threads


I will be posting a new start (or restart of a WIP) soon.


It was outrageously hot today with a heat index of 100 (temperature is 95, but with humidity it feels like 100), but I turned on the oven anyway to make these German chocolate cupcake.

(Did You Know - German chocolate has nothing to do with the country.  It was developed by Samuel German of Baker's Chocolates.)

I will post this semi-homemade recipe on my cooking blog Joie of Cooking.

6 comments:

  1. The pillow is cute but OH THE CUPCAKES!!! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Ornament Finish :)
    (I need to get moving on mine - I've gotten side tracked with some LHN patterns)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute finish! I'm seeing this Gingercouple everywhere. They're just adorable.
    Those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice little pillow! And looking at the cupcakes just makes me want to eat one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie--your new little pillow finish is just darling! I really need to stitch that one myself...

    And I'm sure those yummy looking cupcakes were worth an even hotter kitchen :) I'll check out your recipe--didn't know you had a cooking blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a darling ornie - I'll have to go look it up! No, didn't know about German - my DS favorite cake!

    ReplyDelete