Friday, February 26, 2010

New Stash

I made an unexpected trip to an LNS yesterday and picked up a few things. Thought I would share them with you.

__________Splurge__________
Reminds me of Mardi Gras. You can check out some of the other beautiful designs at http://kelmscottdesigns.com/needle-minders.htm. They even have an Adam & Eve minder for those of you stitching your way through A&E walls.

_________Fabric__________
28 Count Linen (1/8 yard each)
(Lugana Summer Khaki (for Mother's TLC), Cashel Light Mocha & Cashel Antique Ivory).



_________New Charts_________
Ink Circles "Fleur d'Orleans"
I saw this on a couple of other blogs and had to have it! The owner of the LNS said one of her customers contacted designer requesting a fleur de lis pattern and this was the result.


Lizzie Kate
"Sons are a Special Joy" and "Home is Where Our Story Begins"
Want to stitch "Sons are a Special Joy" for DS's birthday and
"Home is Where Our Story Begins" for a journal cover.

__________Floss__________
For Theron Traditions "Mother's TLC"
Sampler Threads - Peach Ice Cream, Claret, Victorian Pink, Dried Thyme & Midnight
All kitted up and ready to go, hoping to finish this for DM for Mother's Day.


For Acadian Designs "Fleur de Lis #1"
WDW - Whiskey, Curry & Honeysuckle

(I am currently stitching this chart in Queen Bee,
but wanted to do it again in the recommended threads)

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Hoping to post some stitching progress after the weekend.
Stay warm (I think it is still unusually cold almost everywhere) and come back again.

9 comments:

  1. Great additions! And the new blog look is great. What LNS do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian,

    I have links for my LNSs at the bottom of the blog. Since they are all at least 50 miles away, I try to alternate locations since they each have their own "personality".

    •Acadian Corner (Metairie)- very nice staff & lots of floss

    •Accents, Inc. (Metairie)- great selection of local charts

    •Gary's Crafts & Needlework, Inc. (Metairie)- huge selection of charts & lots of older charts

    •Cross-Stitch Corner (Baton Rouge) - next on my list, but have not visited before, hoping to go in March/April

    •Threadneedle Street (Mississippi) - want to visit during the summer

    •Garden District Needlework (New Orleans) - mostly needlepoint & knitting, but love the needlepoint NO ornaments (just can't afford them)

    •Cajun Crossn' (online) - I have not made any online purchases yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your needle minder! Enjoy all your new stitchy things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great new stash, yummy threads and fabric. Look forward to seeing your Mothers Day piece stitched up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stash acquisitions!! I got one of those needle minders from my cousin for my birthday and I love it! I never had one before and I've come to love it in the short time that I have had it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some GREAT stash.. love that needleminder.. Do those really work well? Thinking of getting one myself! Thanks for enabling..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new stash! You have everything lined up so nicely--great eye candy display!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely blog, and your stitching is beautiful. I really love the mothers tlc chart, I would love to stitch this for my mum

    ReplyDelete