Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

I recieved this lovely leatherbound book of Jane Austen
(with an even more wonderful handmade card) from my DS.
(DH and I gave him two books about weather.)

(Photo from Amazon.com)

And from my DH, one of my favorite CDs
(with a very funny store-bought card).
(DS and I gave him two books about sports.)


(Photo from Amazon.com)

We will be leaving soon to lunch with my family and I am planning on stitching The Sampler Girl's freebie "Be Mine" while the boys play.



I hope you are also
having a wonderful day.

BTW, we received very little snow on Friday and none of it stuck. So disappointing for DS (especially since they were given the day off from school AGAIN and he sees all that snow in the North on the Weather Channel). So last week was a 3-day school week and we have the next week off for Mardi Gras. Nothing like a 10-day holiday in February.
Hoping to take DS to the New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA) to see a special Disney exhibit shown at NOMA (thanks to the Princess and the Frog debut). This is supposed to be the only US stop for this exhibit.

I will be posting my TUSAL and stitching progress later today or in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. That is a really nice book Stephanie ! I love Andrea Bocelli ! That man has a voice! I noticed you have Bent Creek's Blue Bird Sampler on your wish list. I am stitching that one and would be happy to pass it on to you when I am done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gifts for each other! It sounds like a great weekend. I loved the Saints cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharlotte -- Thanks, I would love to borrow your chart (or we can do a swap if you need the Brown Bird).

    Ranae -- Happy Valentine's to you, too.

    Siobhan -- There is so much going on right now: Saint/Super Bowl fever, Mardi Gras, etc that we enjoyed a quiet weekend at home. Hope your weekend was nice as well.

    ReplyDelete