Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brrrr!!!

I truly enjoy the cold weather, it is such a novelty here that it does not get old. It is freezing here -- literally. For the next 24 hours, the temperature is not expected to be much above 32 (with the wind chill it will feel like -5 to 15). Still a small chance for snow and we have our fingers crossed. No school tomorrow for DS and DH has 1/2 day so it would be a great day for snow!

Enjoyed some nice chicken and sausage gumbo for dinner and I am planning a big breakfast tomorrow (scrambled eggs (over-easy for me), bacon, grits and biscuits). Then I can put the ingredients for chili in the crock pot and we can relax and enjoy a little extra unexpected family time. I hope to spend a little time curled up with some stitiching (and a blanket), although I have not made it to my LNS (I am picking up on the blog-lingo) to get any of the new charts or threads I wanted to pick up.

Stay warm,
Bayou Stiticher

No comments:

Post a Comment